‘She’s Not Running’ Ep. 9 Clip | Homeland | Season 8
BTS: Inside Episode 8 | Homeland | Season 8
I really think the show closed the storyline of Franny (and Maggie) last year. I also think the show is not going to delve much more into her bipolar disorder this year either. I would be super surprised if the former was brought up and medium surprised if the latter was.
The final season really seems to me about resolving questions pertaining to her relationship with Saul. And the psychological issues she has to deal with are tethered to those we explored in season one with Brody: what does it mean to be a patriot and a soldier? How does she reconcile her feelings of loyalty to country (and Saul) with those for the supposed enemy?
HAPPY NATIONAL BEST FRIENDs DAY!
↳ Peter + Max
Peter Quinn Reblog
The song is “Blister in the Sun” by Violent Femmes.
Thanks, I needed this too.
Name: Frangi (@frangipaniflower001)
Answered on: 3/29/20
1. What is your idea of a perfect Homeland ending?
My fanfic brain still hopes for Quinn somewhere somehow… Writing this before having watched 8.06 and 8.07 is risky though. I wish for Carrie to find peace, whatever that may look like.
2. Which Homeland character do you most identify with?
Identify – probably Maggie 😂
3. What has your experience as a fan of the show been like?
I never fangirled anything before in my life. Hell, I didn’t even know about fanfic, fandoms, tumblr and all that. So it’s been a steep learning curve, an incredible ride, great highs, terrible lows – and friends who came into my life in an unexpected way at an unexpected time, and the best thing is: Homeland will end, the friendships won‘t.
4. What is a moment on Homeland that made you sit up out of your seat in awe or shock?
Brody’s death. Hands down. That was before I was even part of the fandom. But even with feeling he overstayed his welcome long enough – the actual scene of his death made me tear up. And I‘m not mentioning season 6 here…
5. If you could have the writers redo one storytelling decision, what would it be and why?
I‘d like them to decide earlier where to go with Quinn’s storyline. Either spare him the mess of season 6 or use all that pain, destruction and chaos to lead into a future. And of course I wanted him alive, even if just to live his life elsewhere off screen.
6. If you could be a Homeland character, which one would you like to be?
Mira. The show does lack female characters though and I definitely don’t want to be Carrie.
7. What is your favorite episode of Homeland?
That would be definitely an episode halfway through season 4, hard to choose which one.
8. What is your least favorite episode of Homeland?
“Tower of David” is on that list. And in terms of denial, “America First” is the frontrunner.
9. If you could bring back one character, dead or alive, from the Homeland graveyard, who would it be and why?
10. What will be your most enduring memory of Homeland?
Friendship. And finding joy in writing.
It was a great episode but everything about it was bad. Ya feel?
“Well, Max would do anything for me. Absolutely anything. Wherever I’d go, he’d… he’d end up there, by my side. And the reason I never mentioned him, is I took him for granted. Used him, all these years and… and now he’s dead.”
Seems like it’ll be very soon…